I am Brandi Price, a Senior Portrait Photographer in Oklahoma City!
Senior Photoshoot Basics: The Before, During & After
May 8, 2023
Wondering what your OKC Senior Picture Session might look like and the timeline of events?
Your senior year deserves to be celebrated and commemorated, and there are so many fun ways to do this – your senior picture session is definitely one of them!
If you’ve never scheduled a professional photo session before or simply want to know what to expect from a senior session, this guide covers the basics of a session with OKC Senior Photographer Brandi Price.
This is what you need to know…
– When should I book my senior pictures? If you are a current junior and will be a Class of 2024 senior, NOW is the time to book. Booking early ensures you get the season you want and the best date for you.
– Yearbook deadlines. If your school is creating a yearbook, find out when they need your digital photo file. This will help you plan ahead. Some schools will only use the school contracted photographer for yearbook photos, so this might not apply to you but it is best to always be sure.
– The location. The location of your senior session should fit in with your personality and the story you want to tell. Picture yourself doing what you love – where would that usually be? There are always lots of great location ideas to choose from. We will typically discuss exact locations while you are getting your hair and makeup done. If you are wanting to use a specific location that isn’t a typical spot, maybe it’s your family land, or the Wichita Mountains, let me know this ahead of time so we can plan accordingly.
– Sooner rather than later. Photographers get a lot of requests for senior photo sessions, so it’s best to schedule it a few months early to avoid missing out.
– The outfit. You can decide on outfits once you’ve chosen your location, or you can do both at the same time. Your outfits should also represent who you are and fit in with the locations you’ve chosen. Just make sure your outfit isn’t too distracting or it will end up being the focus of your photos. Need more tips on What To Wear For Your Senior Photos…
– Hair and makeup. You will receive professional hair and makeup at Brandi Price Photography Studios before your senior session. In the days leading up to your session, make a Pinterest Inspo board with makeup and hair looks that you like. When you arrive, you will discuss what you like about each look with my hair and makeup artist and work together to create a perfect look just for you.
– Set aside a full afternoon. For a senior girl, you will spend 4-5 hours with me on the day of your session. Hair and makeup take between one and a half and two hours and then we will spend 2-3 hours driving to locations and taking pictures.
– Meeting up. On the day of your session, you will meet at the BPP Studio for hair and makeup at the scheduled time. There’s no need to be nervous. I will be there to make sure you have a good time and get the photos you’ve envisioned.
– Prepare to change outfits. You will be able to bring as many outfit changes as you’d like. I always get asked “where will i change my outfit?”. I bring along a popup changing tent to every session to make it easier for you to be able to change.
– Bring some company. If having a friend or family member with you will make you feel more comfortable, bring someone along. Just don’t bring too many people or they could end up being a distraction more than anything else. Mom is always a great choice!
– The wait. 7-10 days after your senior photoshoot, you will return to my OKC Senior Studio to view your images for the first time! Once we look over them, you will decide which products you would like. You can choose from albums, canvas, prints, storyboards, digitals, and more!
Delivery Day. About 2 weeks after your session all your products will be ready! If you chose to purchase digital images, those will be delivered to you via email as soon as payment is made.
– Share and enjoy. Once you receive your photos, you can share them as you wish.
– Show Your Photographer Some Love. If you had a great experience, write a google review, share on your social media accounts, or just send your photographer a message about how enjoyable the experience was for you.
Are you ready to schedule your Class of 2024 Senior Portrait Session? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Contact Page on my website and I will send you the Senior Magazine and get your booking process started. I am currently booking summer and fall sessions for Class of 2024.
Brandi Price Photography is located in Oklahoma City. Brandi Price is a Premier Senior Photographer, specializing in custom, unique Senior Portraits. Brandi Price is a Professional Photographer that serves Oklahoma City, Edmond, Moore, Norman, and surrounding areas.
Your support and direction for OKC seniors are unmatched, ensuring that they have exceptional senior portrait experience. Then you bring those portraits to life in print! WOW! Parents will undoubtedly appreciate having them as beautiful displays in their homes.
Brandi can I just say how much I love the clean and crisp look of your photos. All of your work is fresh, bright and exciting. I love this timeline too. Seniors who book with you are sure to get photos they love and all the organizational help too!
This detailed timeline for senior pictures is a must have for all parents of graduating high school students. Being prepared for your portrait session makes the day stress-free and fun for everyone!
This is fabulous, it really shows seniors in OKC how there senior session will go, and helps them to plan and know each step! The gorgeous photos only add to the information!
I love this senior photoshoot basics for your senior sessions. Knowing the before, during and after to expect is so key in lessening anxieties and stresses for high school seniors