SENIORS: Stop making this senior picture mistake that could RUIN your senior pictures: last minute faux tanning!
I know, I know, you want to be a beautiful bronzed goddess for your senior session, but running out and getting spray tanned the day before your session could end in a blotchy, streaky nightmare.
As an Oklahoma Senior Photographer I have seen it all when it comes to faux tans for senior pictures. The good, the bad, and the ugly. So, I talked with OKC spray tan artist, Danielle Webb, with Glow Getter Airbrush Tans to get the top tips to make sure your tan looks perfect for your senior photos.
Amber arrived at her senior session with a perfectly applied and cared for spray tan. It looks completely natural and added the perfect glow! (*Amber was not sprayed by Danielle.) If you are determined to be faux tanned for your session, here’s a few details that could save your skin (literally):
1) How can clients keep their wrists and ankles looking natural and not “dirty”? Keeping wrists and ankles looking nice starts with a knowledgeable and skilled spray tan artist who blends those areas to create a flawless fade. Being aware of how often you are washing and vigorously drying your hands also plays into this. You always want to pat your skin dry. And of course, most important is keeping your skin moisturized.
2) How long before their senior pictures should they get a spray tan? Spray tans should be booked 2 days before photos.
3) How should clients care for their skin between the spray tan application and their senior session? I always give my clients a ton of important after care info to take home with them to ensure a long lasting and flawless tan. Keeping the skin moisturized at least 2 times a day after the tan is key to a hydrated and flawless look.
“Keeping the skin moisturized at least 2 times a day after the tan is key to a hydrated and flawless look.”
4) What can senior girls do to prep their skin before they come in and get spray tanned? When a client books with me, they will receive an email with a detailed list of exactly how to prep their skin before their appt. The key is to come in with exfoliated skin, with no products on it that could create a barrier between the tan and skin.
“The key is to come in with exfoliated skin, with no products on it that could create a barrier between the tan and skin.”
5) What are the benefits of getting a spray tan before their senior photoshoot? There are so many benefits of a spray tan before photos, but the most important one is the confidence it can help bring to a person! Being tan, whether it’s a deep & dark tan, or just a subtle glow can help kick anyone’s confidence into high gear, which in turn makes for a more enjoyable photo session because you just feel so dang good about the way you look!
Want to have the perfectly glowing skin for your senior session? Contact Danielle and get on her schedule! Her books open 2 months in advance, so don’t wait!
*Expert advice: it is always better to leave the faux tan to a professional. I have yet to see a self tanner that does not leave your hands looking dirty. That is not something that I fix in post processing. If you don’t have a spray tan lined up, just show up with your beautiful natural color. I promise, you will still love your senior pictures.
Ready to show off that bronzed skin during your spring senior session? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get your booking process started by sending you our famous Brandi Price Photography client experience magazine!
If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy:
I am Brandi Price, a Senior Portrait Photographer in Oklahoma City!
Please complete the contact form below and I will be in-touch with you within the next 48 hours.
I will send you additional information in the next 48 hours!
Oklahoma City, OK