Class of 2023 Seniors: SAVE THIS POST! Let’s discuss 5 senior session mistakes to AVOID:
1. Not reading the session prep materials: I promise, I give these materials to my clients for a reason: to make your session day as easy and stress free as possible! I am the expert when it comes to preparing for a senior session because I’ve helped hundreds of seniors over the past several years! I know all the tips and tricks to having the best senior session possible, so make sure to read over all the resources I give you to help you be ready for your big session day! You will receive a fun welcome kit in the mail after officially booking your session and you will receive a digital What to Wear Magazine with tons of ideas and different looks to prepare you for your big day!
The Welcome Kit includes material such as The Shopping Guide, a To-Do List, Session Day Packing List, a guide to Picture Perfect Nails and Skin, and more! Don’t forget to checkout your digital What to Wear magazine as well!
2. Not booking early: senior pictures are NOT the time wait until the last minute. You will need plenty of time to make other appointments with your hair stylist, nail artist, aesthetician, etc to make sure you feel your best the day of your session. You also need to consider how busy senior year events will get between March and May and you’ll want to have your session booked with your top choice for photographer before they book out! It is never too early to book your senior portrait session!
3. Showing up late: photographers work around the timing of the sun and we can’t extend your session past sunset. Showing up even 15 minutes late could affect your session to the point that you’ll have to pass on an outfit or receive a smaller amount of digital images due to the time constraints. If we run out of sunlight, the session is over. Showing up late will also cause you to feel rushed and stressed. We want this day to be fun and carefree!
4. Only keeping the digitals: do yourself a favor and at the very least, print your session images! You never know what will happen to technology and printing your images will be your favorite way to view them! Bonus points if you get a beautiful album or wall showcase that you’ll be able to look at for years to come! That’s a big bonus of working with Brandi Price Photography, ever single session comes with tangible printed products!
5. Not having enough variety in your wardrobe choices: VARIETY is everything! Make sure that your outfits aren’t all dresses, jeans, or shorts. Try to incorporate a variety of not only pieces, but style as well (like urban, organic, casual, and sophisticated). You can also add variety with colors, accessories and shoes.
Can you believe it’s already January of your senior year?!? If you haven’t booked your senior session yet, it’s time! We’re booking for Spring 2023 sessions and they are selling out quickly! Complete the contact form on the website or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send your the Senior Magazine and start the process of reserving your session date!
Come join the fun over on IG too! There is always lots of good information shared and lots of behind the scenes action!
If you enjoyed this article, you might also enjoy:
I am Brandi Price, a Senior Portrait Photographer in Oklahoma City!
Please complete the contact form below and I will be in-touch with you within the next 48 hours.
I will send you additional information in the next 48 hours!
Oklahoma City, OK